a bitter pill

Now that I am done with classes, I feel like it is time to disappear for a few weeks.
I love nothing more than to go into virtual hibernation--
no pressure of answering emails and phone calls, no worrying about what needs to get done today,
pure, unfettered freedom from modern life in a new place.
But I have so much due (recording, auditions, applications) in the next few months,
that I feel like I cannot let myself go.
Since my big decade switch is looming (still have a funny feeling in my belly),
I had wanted to take the step with the perspective of a different environment.
Although I am a total homebody in my daily routines,
I also love nothing more than to get out of town.
I have toyed with a trip to the west coast in at least 4 different guises,
have thought about a jaunt up to Canada, and had really hoped to make it to Europe.

But sadly, in the end, it keeps coming down to the fact that I must needs practice,
and that traveling is a luxury, and that right now I am only partially employed.
Maybe someday...

As much as I love playing and as grateful as I am to be able to pursue it,
'tis a bitter pill sometimes.


Great work done from 5-9.



booked years in advance

via {indexed}

0 comments:

Post a Comment