Thesis Statement: What the H am i doing?!?

Follow the colored-brick road!


My mom and I repeatedly discuss the publicity of private lives through wonderful world of social networking, as she considers whether to join her friends in creating her very own FB profile. We wonder who in the world cares what you just made for dinner, whether you are trying to decide on the red or the blue dress for tonight, how many animals you collected for Farmville. (Recently found out by the way that a Farmville junkie is called an urban farmer--so sorry local foods movements!) If she found out I am starting a blog, I believe she would be my biggest fan and simultaneously question my emotional sanity.




I question my own stability, considering that I am a total closet facebooker, that I work to overcome my immediate instinct of avoidance every single time I have to return a phone call or email, and that I am generally a pretty solitary, private and reclusive person. Why in the world am I attempting to do something a friend suggested over 8 months ago, something I have been mulling over in the back of my head every time I check in with my favorite bloggers?

My purpose in pursuing this is simple: the need to explore what I listen to on a daily basis. Being deaf in one ear has created a super-sensitivity to sound, emotions, environments, thoughts, color, atmospheres, etc. And the need to process what I take in has become overwhelming, mainly because I continuously question whether I am doing the right thing or if there is another perspective I have not considered. I feel so much responsibility for the development of these kids I work with daily. I have come to love them dearly over time because they tell me so much. I pursue this for my own development as a person and an educator.

So whether I find the answers in the stars, or if I keep up with this, I hope you can relate. Or else I am nuts and headed for the loony bin before you know it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment