2nd advent: good things that grow by acceptance as the ideal place

I have been struggling with a general dissatisfaction with my daily life routines, which explains my recent radio silence. I don't have the energy for the things I usually enjoy (like collecting internet goodies for this space), or much of anything outside of my work responsibilities.

These 2 quotes next to one another made me reflect quite a bit, and reminded me of Yayoi Kusama's Obliteration Room.

What are you doing to make your pile a little bigger today? I hope your Sunday is quiet and can be focused on one good thing. Today, I am thinking about Opa, with his boundless sense of humor coupled with his ever-present melancholy, because today would have been his 102nd birthday.

“So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.” (Rainbow Rowell)

“I’ve been searching for years for the ideal place. And I’ve come to the realization that the only way to find it is to be it.” (Alan Watts)


0 comments:

Post a Comment