what's that 3rd door?... future fridays

I always forget to even consider the 3rd Door,
I usually end up realizing that I had stumbled through it once I was already done.

Consider the impossible the next time you are thinking about a change for the future.

Life in America.


Many first generation Americans feel the pressure to follow a set path. We're raised to believe we can become 2 things: a doctor or a lawyer. If we're REALLY rebellious, we can become a real estate agent.

That's a big reason why I respect my buddy Alex Banayan so much. For the past 7 years, he's been writing a book called The Third Door. It's about how he tracked down Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Maya Angelou and many other icons to understand their early days. Why's it called The Third Door? It's because life is like a nightclub. There's the front door where 99% of people hope to get in. There's the side door where celebrities slip in. But no one tells you that there's always a Third Door. It's where you jump out of line, run down the alley, and find your own way in. Whether it's Bill Gates selling his first piece of software or Steven Spielberg becoming Hollywood's youngest studio director, they all took the Third Door.

I created this cartoon after binging on Alex's book in a few sittings.

Jon Youshaei
Founder, Every Vowel












via {every vowel}

0 comments:

Post a Comment