showing colors with words

This touching list made me tear up.
How would you describe something to a loved one who couldn't see it?
The depth of our connections make us communicate information differently, more creatively, with more heart.

Wishing you a Sunday full of heart and color, dear Friends--Happy Sunday!


How My Friends Described Some Colors To Me When I Couldn't See
When I was a kid, I was legally blind due to the improper development of neurological connections as well as underdeveloped muscles. After a great doctor and a lot of work, I can see just fine now but for a while in my childhood, after a period of nothing, all I had was light and dark - this is how I remember family/friends describing colors to me. [...] These beautiful, old memories were brought up to the forefront of my mind by lists about how someone would describe themselves to somebody who couldn't see- like me!

  1. Red
    They had me stand outside in the sun. They told me that the heat I was feeling is red. They explained that red is the color of a burn, from heat, embarrassment, or even anger.
  2. Yellow
    I didn't touch anything for this, they just told me that whenever you laugh so hard you can't stop, that that happiness is what yellow looks like.
  3. Green
    I held soft leaves and wet grass. They told me green felt like life. To this day it is still very much my favorite color.
  4. Blue
    They put my hands in their pool. They told me that that sensation I felt while swimming, that omnipresent coolness, that's blue. Blue feels like relaxation.
  5. Brown
    I held dirt and I touched a tree. They told me brown felt like earth, and like crunchy leaves or wilting flowers.
  6. Grey
    They told me that the rain is grey, and that so is concrete or cement. That it is a hard color, stern and with no personality. (Sorry grey, I like you now! But you scared me back then)

    via {li.st}photo via {pinterest}

0 comments:

Post a Comment