cafe grumpy

Some days I daydream about living in a thriving urban center like NYC (which my current normal is most decidedly NOT), especially when I read about funny little shops like this little cafe, Cafe Grumpy, and think about Saturdays at the museum. What a stellar name!

But then I remember nasty city smells, the cloying heat without ventilation, mean and impatient strangers, the subway in August, and street noise at all hours.



And then I remember again and again that home is what you make of it, "especially when I'm with you..."

And I am ok with living in corn country for now, and visiting those places every now and then.
It is nighttime trains and 5am garbage trucks here.

Hope your Monday isn't too grumpy, and overflowing with coffee if it is a tricky one!

 

images via {google}

0 comments:

Post a Comment