Home is a haven, a soft landing place

To remember for the future, and to do for myself today.
Hope you have a soft place to land today, dear Friends!
Happy Sunday!

Jenny Rosenstrach wrote a Real Simple essay about her seventh-grade daughter, who was having a tricky time with some school friendships. Jenny didn’t know how to help, so she did what any self-respecting adult woman does: she called her mom. Here’s what happened:

She told me what I already knew: I’d have to sit this one out, as well as the next one and the one after that and the one after that, too. It was time to let the kids figure this stuff out on their own. But in a vehement tone that I imagine she reserves for her most unruly clients (she’s a real estate attorney), Mom did give me one tangible way to help: “You just make sure that when those girls walk in that door every day,” she said, “they never doubt that home is the most comforting place for them to be. That is what you can do.”

via {cup of jo}
photo via my brilliant friend, {hanna hurwitz}

0 comments:

Post a Comment