An ode to a perfectly slow Sunday in haikus








A rainy Monday, 
The other side of the coin 
to yesterday's dream. 


It woke me up.
I've ne'er heard such a monsoon
Cursing summer's end.

The flip of a dime.
The wind banished the storm clouds.
Metamorphosis.

Gold streams of sunlight,
The weather's tussle had ceased.
September prevailed.

Fresh avocado
A rare treat to need nothing,
A meal by itself.

Not enough crackers,
The hummus was that creamy
my finger, a spoon

New books, bike, practice:
Singlehood's the life for me
Aloneness is so full.

Wide windows, fresh air,
I'm in California
(A girl's heart can dream).

It sounds like aspens.
I remember the mountains.
My heart is listening.

Sundays are Gooddays--
Quiet and wholesome living.
I can hear fin'lly.

It has to be soft
For me to figure out
What I believe in.

When it all falls in place
Everything's so much cleaner.
I don't need much more.

It's a transition
That for once isn't difficult.
A perfect fall day.

by me
photo via {yellowstone}

0 comments:

Post a Comment