words illustrated

A wonderful illustration of words.
Why have I never heard tarantism? Apparently, it's "a disorder characterized by an uncontrollable urge to dance."



Weird & Wonderful Words.

The A-Z of Unusual Words is a set of prints created by an Ireland-based illustration and graphic design team called The Project Twins. Each print represents a "strange, unusual and lost" word - and I have to admit, as I scrolled through, I didn't recognize a single one. Some of these terms are so lovely, though, I think I'm going to start incorporating them into my everyday speech. Like yonderly, which is another word for absent-minded,


or montivagant, which refers to the act of hill-wandering. 


See more at The Project Twins website, here. Found via The New Yorker.


0 comments:

Post a Comment