warning: barely holding it together

It might continue to be a little quieter than normal because my brain feels like this.
This is the absolute worst part of being a grad student: the end.

Recent thoughts that I found running around in my head that are related to today's picture:
-I wonder what the statistical possibility is of my front bumper falling off again.
 Never mind, I do not understand statistics enough to make even an educated guess.
 Must get that extra car part from Car-Man Kevin finally, once comps are done of course.
-I wonder how much study time I would lose if I go get my favorite ice cream to celebrate 80 degrees.
-Krönchen richten, weiter gehen (thanks, Angi!)
-Who copied whom and who came first, Machaut or Dufay?
  These obscure composers feel like chicken/egg questions way too much.
-How are there so many kings, dukes, and ruling powers in the 15th and 16th century that I have never heard of?
-I just want to stuff my face with carbs, oils and sugars, and then fall into a blissful, ignorant sleep.
-Chocolate has attained enlightenment by becoming a food group.
-Should I care this much about my brain (and me by extension) being extraordinary, when all I need to do is pass?
-When is the last time I did something with the specified goal of only being adequate?
-This chair my boodoo has been glued to for the last 8 hours knows my butt size way too well.
-What ocean could I cross this summer that is the farthest thing away from here?
-What lottery do I have to play and win to find the work to support said airfare?
-How much lead am I going to go through for all of these old-school pencil and paper notes?
-What am I doing that is keeping the wood of my instrument from vibrating more?
-I am afraid that what the dean said was true,  maybe I should have given myself the gift of 4 extra months.
-I am afraid that what the other dean said might also be true: is this really smartest I will ever be?
-What is holding me back from a truly beautiful sound?
-Will I always be relegated to feeling this mediocre?
-Is it me or my proverbial neighbors that make this town feel so darn small?
-What would it take to change this lambasted system of trying to get a job in this career?!
-I feel like I belong in a modern version of the War of the Buffoons.
-Part of me is scared of how I will feel when this pressure is all gone.

"Holding it together"


0 comments:

Post a Comment