"I am who I am because of who we all are"

Today is the 50th anniversary of "I have a Dream"
--amazing how much has happened in half a century,
and how much remains!

I loved these bits and pieces of a great orator, an historical figure to be remembered,
and someone I would have loved to have heard...

ON PEACE (1964):
"Sooner or later all the people of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace and thereby transform this pending cosmic elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood. I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant."


Photo: Michael Ochs/Getty via {sho &tell}
quotes via {time}

0 comments:

Post a Comment