make the bottles pop

This brought tears to my eyes:
Joan Baez's mother passed away just after her 100th birthday a few days ago.
Here is what Joan Baez posted.


Joan Chandos Baez, Senior, passed away just days after her 100th birthday on Saturday, April 20, at 11:40pm in her home in Woodside, Cailfornia.

A huge celebration took place a week earlier, on the property, amidst oak trees, spring flowers and 100 brightly colored balloons. A hundred and fifty friends and family sang “Happy Birthday” to her, the notes echoing downhill past the chickens, and on farther to the creek, and then throughout the oak trees.

She once wrote the following:

"WHEN I JOIN THE HEAVENLY BAND

Friends who want to celebrate my new adventure, please gather round.
Don't grieve, for it's only a worn out body that's leaving and the memory of any sad times goes with it.
The good memories are in my spirit and my spirit is with you today.
I'm in your midst, for there's nothing more valuable to me than to be with you, my beloved family and my gracious friends.

Take a moment for silence and wish me well. I'll hear you. Then make the bottles pop.
You know I love champagne almost as much as I love you!

Big Joan"

0 comments:

Post a Comment