30 days towards 30

2013ResolutionsB

This is an overdue New Year's post, inspired by this quote:


“Every one of us is getting older, which is a natural process. Time is constantly moving on, second by second. Nothing can stop it, but what we can do is use our time properly; that is in our hands. Whether we believe in a spiritual tradition or not, we need to use our time meaningfully. If over days, weeks, months and years, we have used our time in a meaningful way – when our last day comes, we’ll be happy, we’ll have no regrets.”
~ the Dalai Lama

As I am hurtling toward my 30th birthday,
I keep coming back to the process of sorting out what I want from my life.
These reflections circulate among elements such as my lack of discipline and follow through,
my desire to live meaningfully and to connect with people I love,
the unwavering belief that efforts made towards a healthy lifestyle
are totally worth it and absolutely necessary.

"How do you know who you are? There are many parts to who you are, so there isn’t one static place. And then, the other part of that is that things keep changing." 

Rather than thinking of the year, I have decided to take it month by month, 30 days at a time.
As I find that I continually evolve into different versions of myself,
I am purposing in my heart to focus on the following:
daily exercise (30 min of running a day, yoga every few days, strength training, core building)
eating habits (green vegetables, eliminating sugar, drinking water)
kindness (both towards myself and others on the invisible level)
sleep (naps are ok, going to bed is a must, and getting up in the morning will feel better later)
commitment towards my mental, emotional and physical health

So here's to the new year my Friends, to getting up again and again.

“How are we so optimistic, so careful Not to trip and yet Do trip, and then GET up and say O.K.”
quotes by Maira Kalman via {brain pickings}
photo via {jeremy and kathleen}




0 comments:

Post a Comment