bansky

Although I rarely find street art visually compelling,
I find that I have a certain fascination with the underground culture and expression of raw emotion,
and an interest in a voice that would normally be written off in "high culture,"
a voice that has something interesting to contribute,
an irony that is good to be reminded of from time to time,
whether or not I would choose that aesthetic.

One artist in particular has caught my attention several times.
Bansky's website is even more interesting than what I have read in the blogosphere,
although I do not often follow his political implications or critiques.
Makes me wish I could see some of his work in LA.

I especially liked his intro to his "shop,"
and how they are all in gilded frames, an ironic nod to the nature of a real life gallery.
You're welcome to download whatever you wish from this site for personal use. However, making your own art or merchandise and passing it off as ‘official’ or authentic Banksy artwork is bad and very wrong.

Here are a few of my favorites:










via {bansky}

0 comments:

Post a Comment