finger romance

Confession: I did not touch my instrument for a week.
I practiced yesterday for the first time since my last concert a week ago.
There I said it.

As I am getting my fingers back in shape again, 
I am relishing the chance for a slower, more methodical approach,
rather than jumping straight into my rep after a quick scale 
as has been my want these last few months. 

I think it was Rubenstein who said that he noticed if he had not practiced for a day, 
musicians noticed if he had not practiced for 2 days,
and the whole world noticed it if he had not practiced for 3 days.
Eep, my break was a week--the insects must be noticing it in my case!

I had to share this wonderfully messy flow chart by Dorothy Delay,
the legendary violin pedagogue, a Kansas girl after my own heart.

Schradiek, Sevcik, Dounis and Ondracek,
come romance me and my small muscle groups like nobody's business!



0 comments:

Post a Comment