appreciating Goethe a little more


Mom, here is that quote I was telling you about.
Any ideas where it is from, and what it is in German?
And here is that amazing list of Zitate. 

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element.  It is my personal approach that creates the climate.  It is my daily mood that makes the weather.  I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.  I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humour, hurt or heal.  In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person humanized or de-humanized.  If we treat people as they are, we make them worse.  If we treat people as they ought to be, we can help them become what they are capable of becoming.​
~  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe​



generosity
photo via {pinterest}


0 comments:

Post a Comment