vitruvian man

What a fascinating concept and method in which to present a belief!
I would never go to such lengths myself,
but it made enough of an impact that I am dedicated to biking to school,
and restricting myself to two tanks of gas per month if I can.



On a side note, the name of the sketch came from the writings of the ancient Roman architect, Vitruvius, who first described the ideal proportions of the human figure in his treatise, De Architectura. According to Wikipedia, he "described the human figure as being the principal source of proportion among the Classical orders of architecture." Da Vinci's handwriting are notes on Vitruvius' writings. The original sketch is in the Gallerie dell'Accademia in Venice.
Da Vinci believed that the workings of the human body were an analogy for the workings of the universe.

It can be found on the Italian Euro:
File:Eur.it.100.gif

via my amazing friend, who is a friend of the artist, Jon Vidar

0 comments:

Post a Comment