resolutions

Now that I live by myself, I have been spending so much time alone and in my own thoughts. I am now on Month 8 of my resolutions, and each month it has been evolving. If you are interested in the individual details, there is more after the jump.

How are your resolutions/intentions panning out? I'd love to hear!

Perfect reminder about the concept of process,
which this whole resolution evolution is teaching me,
(as cheesy and cliche as it sounds).

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
Sleep:
I have finally discovered that I do not sleep if I stay awake past 12am. I am not sure if that means I have hit a non-REM portion of my circadian rhythms, or if it is just proof that my grandma's insistence on the best sleep happening before midnight is correct. And I have discovered that I will sleep at night if I get up before 6 in the morning. Often, that means I am exhausted and head-achey by 8pm, but I will take that any day over being awake until 4am, and inwardly seething at the prospect of functioning the next day, making me toss and turn even more. And I have found that the more sleep deprived I am, the less I remember. I am a strong advocate of staying awake for one's own experience of the world, and walking around like a zombie is so unappealing, no matter if it comes in the form of drinking, weed, or sleep deprivation. I have also committed to taking my Baldrian at night, which is a long-term investment apparently before it has an effect. I am keeping my fingers crossed.



Exercise

I have been able to stick with my goal of daily activity, alternating between running 50-65min or 75 min of yoga. Exception: one week of rest due to a calf injury from running on worn-out shoes. It is finally healing, although I should have probably taken 2 weeks off. I was too afraid I would fall off the horse had I stayed off of it any longer. I am still struggling with being a morning runner, feeling tired and stiff in the morning. In contrast, I loooove my 5:30am yoga classes, and feel so rejuvenated to the point of not  really needing coffee except for the taste and to stave off caffeine headaches. I am determined to stick with the running though, partly because I still want to run a half-marathon someday, partly because I need a form of simple exercise that can happen anywhere, partly because my vanity still clammers for a lower number in clothing size.


Eating:
I am finally cooking regularly. I am learning to plan meals, always making extra for leftovers. I am on a whole foods kick, buying fresh nuts, dried fruits and grains at my favorite grocery store ever. I am limiting my sugar intake to once per day, obsessively reading the labels of foods to eliminate unnecessary sugars. I also am trying to eliminate foods that have a long shelf-life, a la Michael Pollan. I am still working out the details of not letting my veggies go bad too quickly, irking my frugality to no end when I have to throw away yet another unused bag of fresh ______. But I am learning.

Pinned Image
Emotional health:
I am determined to be more positive. The recent post on willpower stuck with me. Even something as simple as not speaking with contractions made me determined to rephrase my statements positively. I include the elimination of gossip to this list, as well the careful consideration of my time and investment. I no longer trust my character judgement. But I am determined to stay open, friendly and non-judgemental no mater what.
Pinned Image




Thank you for staying with me, and continuously encouraging me to live with more ease and more grace.

~All my love in the universe.


photos via {google} and {pinterest}


0 comments:

Post a Comment