missed connections

I never knew something like this existed. 
I am continuously intrigued by Sophie Blackall's choice of ads,
and reading the real posts that inspired her pictures. 
They are so pregnant with yearning for possibility.



Tuesday, March 8, 2011
-m4w - 29
I saw you for maybe a second or two.
I've read missed-connections before and wondered why people just didn't say something then and there. Now I understand... perhaps it's because the moment is extraordinary; containing a fullness of its own... and the thought that this person across from me is not a part of my everyday life, and at any second will disappear, didn't even occur to me... it seemed that we were in whatever it was together, and that sort of connection rarely, if ever, happens between strangers, so my mind was a little slow on registering that there would be no "some other time" if neither of us asked for the others phone or email.

Now, hours later, the ripples created by those few tender seconds still gently rock something within me...
and I become a missed-connections poster.

Would you be interested in having tea or going on a ride?



Saturday, May 21, 2011
-m4w
Ack! 'Round 7pm or so... I was browsing the shelves and saw you on the other side. I swear I glimpsed our entire future together in that brief moment. It was beautiful.  And then someone asked you for the time. I mean c'mon, who doesn't have a damn time-telling device of some sort these days! 
Oh, if only I'd thought of that.



Thursday, June 3, 2010
-w4m
I was the face painter at party today
and you were there.

jake?
jason?
john?
something or another.

you had a nice face.

i would of liked to have stayed and chatted but me and my co worker had other parties to attend to.


0 comments:

Post a Comment