For my sister




Happy Anniversary!
I hope you can come up with your own list today, 
and that you can find the time to celebrate
despite being in New Jersey.


10 Reasons Why Being Married (rather than being shacked up) Is Just Better
1. When I take money out of his wallet, I don’t have to pay him back. (Warning: This works both ways.)
2. He makes the coffee 63% of the time.
3. When we have a really crazy, stupid, screaming fight, I never have to think, “Oh my god, are we going to break up over this?”
4. Wrangling our finances has made me a more responsible person. I.E. I no longer buy $800 leather pants I can’t afford just because I hate my life.
5. Planning meals for two encourages me to eat better meals. Let’s be honest, it forces me to eat meals period. I mean, I can’t let my husband eat a jumbo bag of gummy sours for dinner.
6. He/she puts up with my crazy family. (Downside: She/he reminds me at inopportune moments how much I am like them.)
7. Her hatred of clutter inspires me find more creative places to hide my crap. (Note: The bedroom may not be considered a “creative” place to “hide” an effing enormous cardboard box.)
8. She has a long-term plan for my personal style. (Downside: She also has a short-term plan for my personal style.)
9. He can actually tell me which outfit looks better. (Bonus: He’s learned to keep his mouth shut during the delicate pull-everything-out-of-the-closet-and-throw-it-on-the-floor phase.)
10. She makes me come to bed before the birds start tweeting.
From east side bride and her husband, H-town.



0 comments:

Post a Comment